Greetings and salutations!
I’m a master life coach, Equus Coach®, and mindfulness trainer who gets a kick out of working with intelligent, self-aware professionals. I also work with organizations looking to bring the many benefits of mindfulness to their greatest asset – their employees.
Let me begin with the end – I help people become more present in and to their lives. Presence provides the power to lead our lives life from within. We must be present to win, to lead, to feel that our lives are actually ALIVE and have purpose. Presence also serves as the guiding light on your path. In other words, showing up and paying attention can help you find your way – not “the” way, or “a” way, but your way.
You may be wondering: that’s all well and good, but what will that help me DO?
See if any of these ring a bell:
- Are you an experienced or aspiring professional who, despite considerable intelligence and drive, finds yourself ‘stuck’ or uncertain of your next best move? [Hint: freeing oneself from those disheartening bogs is not all about leveraging your IQ!]
- Do you find yourself amongst a flurry of tasks or opportunities, unsure where to commit your energies?
- Do you want to understand your natural style of communication and leadership so that your interactions with others feel easier and more effective?
- Do you wish you could bring yourself more fully to your work and your relationships?
- Are you navigating a tough transition and need some support – not because you’re weak or incapable, but because you’d like to surf this particular life-wave with more grace and skill? My guess is you already know that life can be difficult; why not add some ease and joy to the ride?
Here’s how I help: I combine practical, effective coaching tools with mindfulness techniques so that clients can free themselves from limiting beliefs and sticky patterns, step into their integrity, and find the clarity, confidence, and courage to create the lives they dare to dream.
Presence is important in this process because it’s a key component of integrity, the state of being whole or undivided. When we operate from a place of integrity – a cool combo of presence, truth, and kindness – we lead from a place of freedom and power rather than reacting to some never-ending swirl of draining drama.
When folks ask why I’ve continued with mindfulness practices (e.g., meditation, body-centered inquiry) for almost 20 years, I tell them that they’ve given me confidence in my ability to handle whatever life serves up. As Jon Kabat-Zinn says, “you can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.” With that increasing confidence comes courage – the courage needed to navigate tough transitions or step into brilliant new possibilities.
***If you’d like to work with me individually, kindly scroll down to the Professional Coaching section. If you’re interested in some exciting group offerings this fall, keep reading!***
Current Group Offering for Coaches:
Calling All Empaths and Energy Explorers – A Two-for-One Workshop with Three Master Coaches and a Bevy of Horses
Friday, November 2, 2018
Nacimiento Ranch in Paso Robles, CA
Energy Shaping 101: An Equus Coaching Experience
with Jennifer Voss and Jennifer Johnsen, Master Coach Instructors and Equus Coaches
*** and ***
The Way of the Powerful Empath: How to Coach Using Your Body to Calm, Read, & Lead
with Terry DeMeo, JD, Master Coach Instructor
Our theme for the day is energy—how to manage your own and how to shape and lead experiences with others. Your guides will be three seasoned Master Coach Instructors and a bevy of beautiful, wise horses.
You’ll get two separate three-hour workshops and lunch in a gorgeous, natural environment. We’re limiting the class size so everyone will get personalized attention and horse experience.
Terry DeMeo will take you into a classroom under the trees (weather permitting) and teach you how to both manage your own emotional energy and read and lead your clients more powerfully than you ever thought possible.
Jennifer Voss and Jennifer Johnsen will take you into the round pen with a horse and show you exactly how to feel into your own energy and then use it to shape an experience with others.
Please join us for this life-changing event filled with magic, connection, energy tools, and horses.
To learn more and register: https://truthexperience.net/a-two-for-one-workshop-offering-for-martha-beck-coaches/
Come Spend a Half-Day with the Horses!
Energy Shaping 101: An Equus Coaching Experience
October 27, 1pm-5pm, Knoxville, TN
Energy Shaping is a practice that involves setting clear intentions, discerning next steps, and moving forward while working with this unseen web of energy. Given that this is visceral and experiential learning, you can integrate the tools and begin practicing immediately!
Step into an arena with a horse and see…
- How leading from ‘what is intrinsically right’ with you connects you to your center and your power,
- How to maintain that center effectively while working with the energy around you (and that of a 1500-pound four-legged friend),
- How to consciously co-create while also maintaining a strong sense of self, and
- How to continue to shape energy once it begins moving in the desired direction by reading feedback from the environment, staying grounded in self, and discerning next right steps.
To learn more and register, visit https://truthexperience.net/energy-shaping-101-an-equus-coaching-experience/
Retreating from Busyness as Usual
Retreat to Taos: Earth Sky Yoga Magic
November 11-17, 2018
In the midst of to-do lists and news cycles, and under the weight of responsibilities and expectations, it is easy to lose ourselves a bit. This is a retreat created to undo all of that. It’s a nourishing opportunity to honor your body and soul through yoga, hot springs, and horses (that’s where I come in!). I’m thrilled that Natalie invited me to come and help you connect to your own center and the magic all around you through a day of equus coaching. I hope you’ll join us!
To learn more and register, visit http://www.nataliekmiller.com/taos2018/
Come Dare with Us!
A Two-Day Daring Way™ Intensive & Optional Half-Day Equus Experience
October 5-6, 2018: Daring Way™ Intensive in Knoxville, TN
October 7, 2018: Optional Half-Day Equus Coaching Experience
- Where do you need to give yourself permission to show up and dare to be brave? At work? At home? In your relationships with others?
- What are the arenas in your life that require you to armor up and strive for perfection? Is it time for you to be courageous – to show up as perfectly imperfect and embrace your full humanity?
- What would it be like to say “yes” to the part of you that dares greatly and trusts that you are enough?
This workshop will provide you with a toolkit of daily practices that transform the way you lead, love, parent, and live your life. This 2-day gathering is an interactive and experiential dive into the groundbreaking work of Brené Brown. Attendees will be invited to embrace freedom by moving beyond fears, self-criticism, and doubt to discover the possibilities of living a brave and wholehearted life.
To learn more: https://truthexperience.net/the-daring-way-intensive/
Registration for this event is now closed.
What is it like to work with me?
Those who know me have described me as direct, compassionate, and in possession of a magnificent metaphorical imagination. I do not tiptoe through non-existent tulips. Nor do I wield a big stick. Rather, I combine analysis with intuition and empathy. The first is borne of many years of formal education in the social and biological sciences. The second two were developed through extensive practice with mindfulness techniques and coaching tools.
When working with a client, I almost invariably ask some difficult questions. However, I also hold our space and your experiences with kindness. Perhaps most importantly, I bring a sense of playfulness and humor to our work – not just because laughter decreases stress hormones and boosts the immune system, or because play fuels creativity and enhances problem-solving skills, but because the world often feels difficult enough. Let’s add some effervescence to the mix!
One client described her experience this way:
“Each session gives me something to process and think about without weighing me down. After our sessions, I feel lighter, more free and more clear on the ‘problem’ and what I can do to adjust my relationship with the problem/challenge…
I am feeling more confident, less anxious (no more vulnerability hangovers!), more accepting of others (genuinely, not just because I am “nice”), able to speak more freely and feel more creative. I also feel more productive and able to juggle (it doesn’t really feel like juggling) many ideas and projects at work without getting overwhelmed.
Because sometimes I trust others more than myself, it has been really good to hear other people (friends, colleagues, family) mention that they experience me as more confident, more open, happier, more at ease and ‘totally rocking’ my job.”
Do I have the chops? Here’s my “official” bio:
- Master Certified Life Coach, Martha Beck Institute
- Certified Equus Coach®, Koelle Institute for Equus Coaching
- Instructor, Life Coach Training Program, Martha Beck Institute
- Qualified Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Instructor, University of Massachusetts Medical School Center for Mindfulness
- M.D., Stanford University School of Medicine
- M.P.H., Colorado School of Public Health
- B.A. (anthropology), Yale University